★ FRANCISCO MIRÓ QUESADA PRIZE OF LOGIC ★
Francisco Miró Quesada Prize of Logic
1) Every three years is attributed a prize.
2) Each contender should submit a non published paper (between 10 to 30 pages) in any area of logic, written in Spanish or English (preferred).
3) The jury is formed by researchers representative of divere areas of logic.
4) The prize, besides being honorific, supports the participation (housing + registration fee) of the winner in the World Congress of Universal Logic and the publication of the paper in the journal Logica Universalis, Birkhäuser.
5) There is no restriction of age, sex, race, nationality. The contender only needs to be affiliated with a University (or other educational/research institution) in Peru.
Francisco Miró Quesada Prize of Logic 2021
i) Participation to the World Logic Prizes Contest at UNILOG'2021 in Crete, Greece: housing + travel + registration fees will be provided to the winner and the paper will be published in the journal Logica Universalis
ii) Send your paper by October 20, 2020 to email@example.com with subject “Miró Quesada Prize”
iii) Jury 2021
This prize is part of the project A PRIZE OF LOGIC IN EVERY COUNTRY.
José Francisco Miró Quesada Cantuarias (1918-2019) was the most important Peruvian philosopher of logic and mathematics. He was mainly concerned with constructing a theory of reason adequate for understanding the most important logical and mathematical discoveries of his time: Gödel’s incompleteness theorems and heterodox logics. He is known for having coined the name “paraconsistent logic” for designating those logical systems for which the principles of contradiction and explosion do not hold generally. He has also been a pioneer in the fields of deontic logic and logic of law with his article “La lógica del deber ser y su eliminabilidad” (The logic of ought and its eliminability), written the same year as von Wright’s Deontic Logic (1951).
Organizer of the Prize: